quarta-feira, outubro 01, 2008

"Claire, now that you've had this miracle, what do you want more than anything else?"
"Actually," I said, "I'm dying for a beer right now."
As soon as those words came out of my mouth, I wished I could pull them back in. I was mortified that I had answered this sincere question with such a flippant response. I was also surprised, because I didn't even like beer. At least I never had before. But the craving I felt at that moment was specifically for the taste of beer. For some bizarre reason, I was convinced that nothing else in the world could quench my thirst.
That evening, after the reporters had left, an odd notion occured to me: maybe the donor of my new organs, this young man from Maine, had been a beer drinker (...)
Was it me, or was it my heart?


A change of heart Claire Sylvia (1997) sinopse>